Tuesday, January 10, 2023

the race

Why am I always in such a rush?

This is why I have anxiety. 

My husband operates at a leisurely pace. Honestly at times, I am jealous as much as annoyed. I am like the road runner. Always in a hurry. 

A dm told me that I needed to "slow down to speed up". I agreed and carried that for a while. 

Now I've realized that I just need to slow down. 

There is no race, except the race we create for ourselves. 

I have accepted some bad habits into my daily life. I know that when they no longer serve me. I will effortlessly release them. 

Last night when I was making my dinner plate. I had this revelation that I only need the amount of food on my plate that will make me feel nourished.

It made me realize how long I've been using food as a crutch to shove down all of those feeling I didn't want to deal with. 

I have ran for many years. 23 is the year that I learn to stand confidently and courageously in a healthy/supportive environment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment