Monday, December 31, 2012

so long 2012

I am not sad to see 2012 leave. 

I don't usually get very sentimental on new years.  I save that for my birthday, maybe that is why they always suck. 

I really cannot believe everything that has happened in the last year.  I must have been suicidal...i ran a store, went to school, ran for public office, even managed to go to Florida for a few days and get stuck in Detroit. 

The part of 2012 that i will not miss is the debilitating depression that was sucking my soul from me since the summer.  I was able to carry another 4.0 this semester, barely squeaking by in my information systems class.  My in laws told me the other night at dinner that i didn't always have to get A's.  I responded that i did, i had to get on the honor roll and maybe qualify for some scholarships.  They have graciously offered to pay for my schooling, but Matt and I have decided to pay for it ourselves.  I have been so lucky to make it to my junior year, without incurring any debt.  I realize how fortunate i am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment