Sunday, April 5, 2020

moms birthday

i remember when mother was in SIU (special investigation unit)

my ex step dad (lets just give him a name.....frank)

frank came into her office one day and was showing off, talking about whatever drug paraphernalia that was in the office was used for

he told the rookie what a bong was and how it was used

really? it was the 90s, we all knew what a bong was used for. my mother was so angry because his need to be a know it all made him seem like an idiot

i can hear the coyotes, people in the neighborhood are upset because they are here. i love the sound, it makes me realize how safe i am in my own home.

i love hearing the train knowing that i will not be inconvenienced by it

i love hearing the frogs because i know they wont keep me up at night

i love the sound of the coyotes because i get them....my mother would have loved the sound as well

i don't have foofoo dogs that i worry about something carrying them into the night

i love the fact that i have big dogs that protect me at night when i sleep and also during the day when marley thinks the postman will take me away from him

today is my mom's birthday

i love you

No comments:

Post a Comment