Saturday, March 28, 2020

flower pots

remember the tootsie pop commercial....how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

well how many days does it take for me to fall into the darkness of being in "quarantine" 7 to 10 business days.

I have been going bed early and getting up early. ive even started making my bed in the morning. which with the overlap of weighted blankets still looks like there is a dead body in the bed but it is better than nothing.

yesterday we went to lowes (yes I tried to social distance and I held my breath as people walked by). we bought paint for our back porch. I should have painted it about two summers ago. I bought paint for my sad baseboards, I don't know how my mother kept her house so clean with 2 big dogs. she had a bigger house and one less dog.

I am thinking that joe will be happy to go back to work and get a break from his stay at home wife and all of my projects.

I bought flowers for my planters on the front porch and I cant help but think they are a great representation of my life. I go out into the world and have grandiose plans but I become easily overwhelmed and fail to follow through. The weather is nice here and people are starting to get out to walk the neighborhood to have some sort of normalcy. this elderly couple walks by and the lady tells me how much she likes my flowers. i told her that I can hopefully keep them up. I know me I will get all excited about things and I am all gung-ho but then I hit the wall. I cant keep up, I get overwhelmed, then I feel like a failure.

welcome to the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment