Saturday, November 10, 2012

devin

yesterday i found out a friend died

he had just sent me a text on Thursday that said "get your ass up and go to work".  I was already on my way to work.  Devin usually sent me these texts in the early morning as he considered himself the "hardest worker".

I met Devin when i was looking for a stocker and had fired all of my management staff and had lost about a third of my regular staff.  Devin was an out of work welder with a can do attitude.  He had a voice like billy bob thorton on slingblade.  One day he was reciting the words to a rap song that he had heard and made us all laugh silly.  When i went to work at my new job, he would call and ask if his piranah food was in that i had ordered for him and if i wasn't there he would ask the poor associate what he was suppose to do, his fish were hungry. 

Devin was 45, he was such a good person and i will miss him. 

It makes me wonder what i was doing when he left this world.  I have been so tired this week, Aunt Flo is sucking the life out of me, i have had 6 exams, 2 tests, and accounting homework that just kicked my butt.  Was i on the phone with HR about my disobedient employee who thinks a mohawk is an appropriate hairstyle.  What, now meaningless task was i trying to accomplish while someone so special was taken from my world?

No comments:

Post a Comment