Tuesday, November 18, 2014

paradigm shift

so today my problem child gave her notice

i have done very well, i have tried to pray for her and her family for the last 30 days.  i am not as angry, but i am still very cautious.  i expect the next two weeks will be interesting.  i am looking forward to many hot line calls.  oh well, as long as she doesn't darken my door after the fifth of December.   

it has been hard for me to not be snarky about what a bad manager i am and how i only take care of myself.  after she called me a selfish bitch when i asked about her son that day, i don't ask about her or her family. 

this hostile work environment brought back a lot of memories of my last job and how i felt that i had too many knives in my back.  one thing it made me do is......face it.  that is the issue, most of the time you are betrayed by someone, you delete them from your life.  you don't talk to them anymore or see them.  this has been the hardest thing for me, but it has really taught me boundaries with my coworkers.  i knew that she was a snake.  i did what i could, thinking that maybe she would realize that not everyone in the world is out to get her, but she isn't in the place to receive it. 

in my last situation, i felt so helpless, like i had no power.  then i remembered i am the best micro manager around.  she was winning, i was staying away from her and she didn't have to do anything except what she wanted.  when my paradigm shifted, i stopped feeling so defenseless and i took my power back. 

it is amazing how a shift in looking at a situation changes everything

No comments:

Post a Comment