Monday, October 1, 2018

birthday reality

my birthday was Saturday....

I am so bipolar when it comes to my birthday. I want everything and nothing. Joe went and got me flowers, a card, and took me to breakfast. We went and watched my nephew play soccer. We came home and took a nap. Joe's alarm kept going off which I am to the point I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard than an alarm.

I told joe that I wanted cupcakes. Sydni finally went to the store and bought cupcake stuff and make them for me. I was so annoyed but then became annoyed at myself for having expectations for a day that I didn't tell anyone that I wanted something.

The pity party showed up Saturday night when I have two men that raised me as their daughter and neither one had even sent a text to say happy birthday. Yes, I get that I am a hypocrite. My sister being my advocate called my dad and told him that it was his daughters birthday and hung up. I still didn't get a phone call. Actually that was probably a good thing because his crazy wife would have made it all about her and how the world has wronged her.

lesson...be more clear about birthday expectations..except the expectation that your dads will acknowledge you

No comments:

Post a Comment