Wednesday, January 15, 2020

I knew he loved me when he touched my feet.

Joe told me a guy we went to high school with sent him a message. I asked why, he said it was to check in on him. His friend hadn't heard from him in awhile. 

Hmmm, women think they have close friends. Men has friendships that last forever. 

Perfect example. My friend's wedding a few weeks ago. It was like a mini reunion. My friend only had 3 of her girlfriends show up. The groom (graduated a year before us) had more friends and they drove further than anyone on my friend's side to attend.

I get why I don't have close girlfriends. I flake out on people. I periodically drop off the face of the earth and the winner is.....I don't like to leave my house. 

Joe has never met a stranger and he meets people where they are. He accepts people exactly the way he finds them. 

It's something I adore about my husband. He has made me a softer person.

I no longer have to have my guard up that he will break me, leave me, or worse.... stay and destroy me one moment at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment