Thursday, September 6, 2012

paths crossed

I always think of great things to blog about as i am falling asleep......

today, a girl that i graduated high school with was sentenced to fifteen years for sleeping with her students (one of which was her daughters boyfriend, yeah that must suck).  She testified to years of sexual abuse as a child, which led to a sexual relationship as a teen that turned into an abusive relationship as an adult.  She will spend thirteen years in prison before becoming eligible for parole.  She stated that she would not have stopped the relationships had her husband not discovered one of the relationships (i am guessing the daughters boyfriend).  She didn't even think about the relationships being wrong until she was finally arrested. 

I was friends with this girl in high school, she spent the night at my house.  Don't get me wrong, we didn't think that she had a great childhood growing up, but we didn't guess that it was that bad.  I can remember her boyfriend at the time, pulling her out of her bedroom window because her home life was less than ideal. 

I was mugged once and had to go to court, my mother asked me how i felt about it as we were leaving the courthouse.  I told her that i felt that our lives had crossed paths for a short period of time, but would go totally different ways from that point forward.  She would go to prison, learn how to be a better criminal, and come out and probably commit more violent crimes. 

I cant help but pray for my friend from so long ago, thirteen years is such a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment