Monday, January 12, 2015

Finally learning?

I went to therapy today

I felt as though I was all over the place. I usually try to have an agenda before I get to therapy but joe went with me today and we talked the entire way.

I always use the new year to reflect on the past year.  Yesterday was my dad's birthday and the day that he had to decide last year to put mother into the nursing home. We had him over last night and tried to hopefully make his day a little brighter.

I had gone through some of my posts from when Skippy and I were together.  I had forgotten how lonely this house felt. Skippy was a lot like mother when he was angry, he would give you the silent treatment for days. 

I had read some of my posts to joe and he wanted to know what I blogged about now.  So I read a few.  He said his goal is not give me a reason to complain about him.  I thought about it for a moment. I don't blog about my marriage because I am fiercely protective of it.  I learned in my first marriage to pick my battles.  I will take responsibility for allowing other people into my relationship with skippy and not to make that mistake again. 

1 comment: