Monday, March 23, 2015

Ocd obsession

I have spent the last six years having an internal struggle with god and religion.

I think if I go to church, read my bible, and pray that God will have favor on me.  It is obsessive.  I feel as though when I sin or don't follow these rules that God will punish me. I have allowed this belief to give me anxiety, make my relationship with God and religion to become complicated and difficult.

My need for perfection also is problematic.  If I don't follow the process then I become stressed, feel guilty, and un worthy.  So then I stop the entire process feeling like a hypocrite when I start the process.  I profusely ask God for forgiveness.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember that we were all forgiven when God sent his only son. When I think of the love God must have for me to sacrifice his son for my sins it makes me weep. God understands all to well that we are not perfect.....but he loves us just the same.

    ReplyDelete