Friday, October 16, 2015

Grateful

We drove to tulsa yesterday for a doctor's appointment just to find out my doctor was sick. Oh well, they were very apologetic and i was able to get my refills taken care of quickly. Today we picked up two prescriptions for under $2.00. Another thing to be grateful for, insurance.

One of the things that really gives me anxiety is the unknown. I take care of the finances and a couple of months ago i really jacked it up resulting in too many fees. So last month, i sat down with pen and paper and realized that i had skipped a few things. I have an excel spreadsheet that i keep it all on so this month i took a serious look at what we pay every month in finance fees. That was very scary and i thought i was going to faint when i saw a $1300 interest post on my husbands best buy card. It was a promotional purchase. I didn't know and my husband doesn't read or it would have already been paid off.  Luckily we were able to juggle some stuff around and pay just the principal.

It is amazing how quickly debt is accrued. I think i ended up depressing my poor husband but i have to feel proactive not reactive.

Syd went to the game last night so joe and i had the evening to ourselves. We sat, had adult beverages, and talked.

Today, we slept and went to run our errands. We stopped at Golden corral to eat. I never eat enough to justify paying the money but they have the best roast and bread. I had my plate and went to sit down, i noticed a lady sitting, eating by herself. Joe came back with his plate. I asked if the lady was still eating alone. He said yes, so i got up and asked if she would like some company. We sat and talked. She said that God had brought us to her table, she had hoped her son would meet her but called and said he was too busy. I am not sure if she had been divorced or widowed but she had never remarried because she felt that she would never love anyone as much as she had loved her husband. She lived alone, her 6 children didn't have time for her. Her loneliness was felt by us, we drove home in almost silence. I said a prayer for her and was thankful that God had been able to use me.

Joe and i may have debt but i wouldn't give up my little family for any amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment