Saturday, October 17, 2015

Breakthrough

Last week i had a breakthrough

We went with a couple of friends to a concert in which we had floor seats.

I never go to things like this because i always had to drive, downtown sucks, there are too many people, and the traffic. The entire process gives me anxiety. I had some anxiety when we got the tickets but Rick drove, we arrived in plenty of time, parked, and walked to a great restaurant to have dinner. We walked to the concert, found our seats pretty easy. I didn't have any anxiety about the crowd. I was able to actually be there, be in the moment, and get out of my head (as best as possible). I wasn't counting the minutes until i could go home. I wasn't trying to leave early because of traffic. 

I think it is the first time in my life that i went to something and didn't want to leave the minute i arrived. I didn't have an emotional roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment