Thursday, August 11, 2016

New agenda

2016 has taught me to lower my expectations of people.

I had an ironic thought the other day. Two years ago i was so scared that Rodney would move off and leave me. Now we live in the same town and never talk. I am sure that he didn't want me to remember his last words to me as ".....you need to find jesus", "i can't help you", and look who ended up with the mental issues, but actions speak louder than words. I cannot think of an acceptable excuse of why you would not go to someone who just told you they are so sad that they are cutting themselves.

I now know any my therapist told me that i had to find love inside myself because there is no parental unit that i have that is able to show up for me.

I am over here trying to decide whether or not to buy a 2017 calendar because i don't know if i will be around to use it and the other part of my family is using me as their pawn in their game of revenge.

I saw a meme once that said something about people no longer need you when you fail to fit their agenda. I think i am going to only have enough space in my life for people who fit my agenda; "do the right thing", know how to put yourself in someone else's shoes, be able to see past the tip of your nose, and be able to put someone else's needs before your own sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. People disappoint us every day. I guess we just have to brush them from our shoulders and forge ahead. We are both so lucky to have wonderful husbands who love and support us. Something a lot of women do not have and we were lucky to find. Love You....

    ReplyDelete