Thursday, December 1, 2016

Value

My therapist asked me if i thought i had value.

It's been 3 days since i have seen her and i am still trying to wrap my head around that one.

I think my value is what i can do for other people, what i can give to other people. She asked me if i had value as a human being.  I am thinking, my organs could be sold on the black market.

I don't understand this value thing. I am suppose to have value as a breathing human being. I am a child of God and he unconditionally loves me.

There it is. I don't believe i have value because i equate value to love, people love things they value.

I know that i could go off the rails, cheat, and my husband would instantly leave me. I have disowned/ been disowned by many people in my life. I know that relationships can be gone in a minute.

Intellectually i know this doesn't or shouldn't devalue me but emotionally i think if i had value these people wouldn't abandon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment