Monday, February 24, 2014

the reading

".....when i was about your age my mother, your grandmother gave me, the prophet.  As you go through life these few pages will give you strength, comfort, wisdom, joy, understanding, and peace.  You are special.  We are very proud of what you are and the person that you will become.  We love you.  Your mom and dad."

this was the inscription that i read at the funeral.  my grandmother died 16 years ago on the day that we buried my mother. 

I read a passage from the prophet.  I had my heart broken and my mother told me that "the deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain." the prophet.

I am not too sure that this makes anymore sense today than it did that day, but i thought it was appropriate. 



1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about you TJ and keeping you in my prayers. I hope your heart heals and you fill your being with joy.

    ReplyDelete