Monday, November 2, 2015

Hope

I've had a sore throat for almost a week. Yesterday i pulled a muscle and the pain went from hip to hip then decided to set up in my lower back. I had to close last night so i took some pain killers and went on with life. Joe asked me what was wrong, i told him i was getting old, he disagreed. Tell that to my body. Needless to say, sleeping was lots of fun. Joe was at work so the dogs were all over the place. This morning it is just my left hip hurting.

I am closing tonight then i have a few days off which i am thankful. 

Life is funny sometimes. My cousin is getting divorced, she had been married 18 years. I have been married 3 times and haven't managed that many years all together. Her first marriage was much like skippy and i. I remember butch telling me that they either didn't consummate their marriage or he lacked interest in sex. I just couldn't believe that someone would stay married in that situation, then it happened to me.  I sent her a message of encouragement, not really knowing the situation. She then told me she was getting divorced. I told her that we weren't much different, telling her of my story and we both agreed that we stayed because we were embarrassed. Her second husband cheated on her, sounds much like my first. She asked me if i was happy now and i told her yes. She said that gave her hope. There is always hope.

1 comment:

  1. It was so sweet of you to reach out to jamie. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete