Friday, December 11, 2015

When a deal isn't a deal

I spent too much time the last 3 days trying to get my meds fixed so i won't kill anyone before the holiday.

Skippy paid the bills and worried about the money and tapped his parents when we were short.

I have spent the last few months getting together a budget.  Last night syd went to the game with her boyfriend. Joe and i went to a local bar and grill, shot some pool and had a few beers. It was a very nice evening. Eating out has become a luxury not an everyday splurge.

While we were waiting for my prescriptions to be filled, i was waking the aisles at the drug store. There is always that aisle with the stuff that you buy for people who you don't know what to buy. It used to be foot massagers. Today it was an electric mac and cheese maker, memory foam slippers (that didn't seem very cushy), and desktop water features. I thought it would be cool to get forrest one to drink from but it would be another piece of junk sitting around my house that i would be getting rid of later.

Every day i have emails for things to buy, great deals, and credit card companies reminding me that i haven't maxed out their cards.

Our money situation, my family situation, and trying to get the store ready for a rvp visit has made me realize what a consumer i have been. Since i am not throwing money at gifts for other people to make myself feel better. Trying to stuff the hole with stuff. I am grateful for the things i have purchased that really transformed our house into a home. I look at the things i bought because they were a good deal, like the ipad keyboards i bought for syd and i. We don't even use them. It reminds me that something isn't a good deal if you don't need it or use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment