Saturday, January 30, 2016

Losing

I went next door to get some items for a display. Thankfully the employee noticed that a lady had fallen on the sidewalk. We rushed out to see if she was okay. I have never seen a goose egg like she had on her forehead. She scraped her glasses, her nose, and her chin. The ladies had gotten her a chair, 2 men had stopped to help and were able to pick her up so she could sit. She insisted she was just going to drive home. I finally convinced her to let me call her husband. An ambulance came, her husband showed up, and she finally allowed the ambulance to take her to the hospital. She just kept apologizing.

I wanted to cry for this lady, not because she had hurt herself but because she has become older and had lost her capabilities.

These are the things that i don't want to experience. I have aches and pains. I don't bounce back as quickly as i once did but the helplessness in this lady's eyes was more than i could handle. I saw my mother in this woman. I could see her realizing that she wasn't the capable person she had been before. She was getting older, losing her reflexes and her life was becoming limited.

I saw my future today.

No comments:

Post a Comment