Saturday, January 30, 2016

Looking back

All of the campaign signs are going up again.

It makes me think of 4 years ago and where i was. I was miserably married having an emotional affair that ended via an email, nice. I was running the store, going to school, and about to run for public office.

Then august came and i had lost the one thing that made me happy. I was stranded in detroit on way home from Florida, sick, and had already missed my first week of school.

I hit the wall and fell into the worst depression in my life. It was all i could do to get out of bed every morning. I counted the hours until i was able to go back to bed. I understood why people cut themselves, it is out of desperation to feel something different, to have a visible sign to let the world understand your pain. Hoping that maybe the sadness will somehow escape your body. I wasn't suicidal but i did wish to fall off the face of the earth so i didn't have to navigate the quick sand that had become my life.

It is amazing how much your life can change in 4 years. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment