Sunday, August 5, 2012

measuring up to reality

I feel as if much of my childhood I was collateral damage.  The casualty of a war that was fought between Butch and my mother.  I get that you cant help the baggage that you carry around, but it would have been nice if all of their baggage had not have become mine. 

My mother had a son before me.  It has been decades since i have seen or talked to him.  I sometimes feel lost not having any kind of relationship with people who share my blood.  I have a biological father that i haven't seen in decades either.  An uncle that has llamas that live in his trailer in Louisiana (not a joke) an Aunt in California that i haven't spoken to since i moved back home.  I wonder if this why i feel adrift, having no real connection of family.  People whom i share common traits with, that i can see myself in, and know why i am the way that i am.  Nature vs Nurture.  I would love to see my father and know that i have his eyes.  To have a half brother and maybe feel some bond. 

Maybe this is just another fantasy concocted in my head that never really measures up to the reality of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment