Tuesday, October 28, 2014

different generations

i know that it is the job of every generation to think that another generation has it better, i will spare you the walk uphill 6 miles every day in the snow to get to school story

my youngest niece's future just scares the crap out of me.  she is suppose to be doing online schooling (not that i saw her on the computer once while she was here).  her father supposedly made her a deal that she had 2 weeks to pass her GED.  she doesn't have a job, her father bought her a vehicle, pays the insurance, and the gas. 

when i was 16, i had to buy my own car, pay my insurance, pay for maintenance, buy my own gas.  I think that pretty much when i got my first job, the only thing that i didn't pay for was housing and food. 

i just look at her with her nose ring (not the cute little diamond piercing but something that looks as though it would be in a bull's nose), her blue hair, and the fact that she is 17 and doesn't even have a JOB.

my dad asked her what her plans were for the future.  i think the best that she came up was working at a shoe store, which is probably why she only stayed with him half the day. 

i don't understand this whole not going to school thing, if i would've came home and told butch that i didn't want to go to school.  there is no way he would have entertained that idea for a nano second.  i could tell him that i didn't like school, all the way to school, all day while i was at school, and all the way home from school......but i would be in school

do not get me wrong, i didn't have it all figured out at 17, but i was at least doing something other than sitting on my behind.....that's right i was in high school and working

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm with you Tonya! I am scared to death for Sophie. The only thing she seems to be interested in are boys! I can understand her wanting to be her own person with the "bull's ring" and the "blue hair" neither of which will leave a permanent scar. But I think she is the victim of all the craziness in her life (meaning her mother and father). We can only pray she will overcome those two handicaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am concerned she is going to end up with a baby with some loser, no education, no work experience and her father is going to enable it all to make up for her past. I know i have spent a good amount of time belly aching about my childhood, but when you know your parents are broken then it doesnt take very long to figure it out and start taking care of yourself. i cannot believe that she is allowed to sit on her butt, no school, no job, and it seems like the only responsibility is to take care of her dog and maybe her brother.

    ReplyDelete