Monday, April 6, 2015

Crazy stories

I used to have a friend, who would tell me "these things only happen to you" after I told him some crazy story.

I saw a guy I used to serve on a board with the other day.  He had just came from a funeral.  He told me he had seen my ex to which I replied "I am sure he had his usual sunny disposition".  This caused us both to smile.

We chit chatted about common things.  Then this is how the conversation went.

He then asked me if I had remarried. 
Yes. 
You don't waste any time do you?
No. 
Do you have anyone you could introduce me to? Someone who could be discreet.  I don't want anything with any strings.

I was floored.  Of course, all I could think of was that he was married. Then I wondered if he was thinking of me and that is why I had been seeing him more often.  He had taken to engaging me in conversations. 

I finally replied "no one I would introduce you to".  He then asked if it was because they were too good for him.  No, you are too good for them. 

First of all why do people think I have a lot of friends?  I have social anxiety and would rather stay in bed or at least at home with my animals. Second, if I did, I wouldn't want to get involved in something like that.  I already think that God won't forgive me for my indiscretions why would I borrow anyone else's sin?

He then asked me if I still had his number and to call him if I thought of anyone.

I told my husband this story.  He didn't seem as shocked as I was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment