Monday, April 6, 2015

Future me

My sister has apparently hit her stride.

She now has someone come to her home, makes sure she has taken her medication as prescribed and isn't running around town nude.

She has started drawing and now has a cat which she posts daily on Facebook. 

My husband comments the other day about my sister to which I reply "why yes, let's talk about my sister. She gets to sit around all day painting and playing with her cat while we all pay her disability".

I asked my dad if it was okay to be pissed about this.  He replied that yes, I should be.

I told my therapist today that I didn't think that it was fair that she got to sit on her butt while I had to fight for everything that I have.  She agreed that it wasn't fair but I have a much fuller life than she does. 

Blah, blah, blah I would like to sit on my butt, play with my cat and have someone to pay for it all.

1 comment:

  1. If this makes you feel any better. The disability she receives comes from the social security she paid in when she worked. That's why it is so low. Social Security Disability only pays if you paid in to it. Uncle Mike paid in his whole life but because he had to start receiving it before his full retirement age of 66 it was reduced significantly. He receives $800 per month. He lives in a house that is paid for and the money barely covers the essentials. Doesn't come close to pay for the maintenance on the home or taxes and insurance. He receives no other subsidies at all and he worked his entire life..............I subsidize his monthly income. No one deserves to be sick and poor...........I feel blessed to not have the problems others in my family have. I just got lucky and it wasn't because of anything I did or didn't do.

    ReplyDelete