Sunday, April 5, 2015

Feeling lost

Today is my mother's birthday.

I spent so many years dreading the day, trying to find the perfect gift.  Wanting so hard to please my mother which now I know that was an impossible task. Thinking that somehow it would crack her cold, hard exterior. Maybe I would know what it would be like to be accepted.

Last year I was thankful that I didn't have to see the look of disappointment on her face.  I didn't have to try and figure out who was coming to the party.

This year I have just been filled with sadness.  It is hard when you feel as though you have no place in this world.  Which pretty much sums up how I have felt my entire life. 

1 comment:

  1. You have a place in this world.....and you are an important person in it. I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to sit and have long talks and just have the wonderful opportunity to know you better. I've always admired so many things about you. You are a beautiful young woman with so much to give!

    ReplyDelete