Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Quiet

I took yesterday afternoon and was just by myself.

I have had to burn some vacation days before I lost them and I have been scheduling time off to spend with my husband. Which means we are go, go, go. 

We are suppose to close on the house Thursday. Which I will believe when I have cash in hand.  I am not sure if this makes me a realist or a pessimist. 

He is already wanting to pick stuff out for the bathroom.

This all overwhelms me.  I have been kidding about it but today I had to tell him that I don't work the way he does.  I am focused on clearing out the house then signing paperwork.  When I know exactly how much money I have to deal with then I can focus on the bathroom.  I am still not sure when our fence will be done.

I have just been quiet the last few days.  It makes me realize how nice it is to not always be the one that has to talk.  It also makes me realize that I am probably not a great listener.

2 comments:

  1. Are you moving to a new house? Stressful and exciting at the same time. I've been in my little house for 46 years this September. I can't imagine moving.
    Just take as much quiet time as you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we didn't move. We did a much needed bathroom remodel. The dogs had destroyed the carpet so I pulled the carpet, scrapped the popcorn off the ceiling, and stained the concrete.

    ReplyDelete