Saturday, July 11, 2015

belt whippings

So the other day my husband and I were talking and he was mentioned being sent to his room when he was a kid and how much he hated it.

I really had to think then I had to remind him how oblivious my parents were. I could only remember once my mother sent me to my room. I am sure it was because I was getting on her nerves because one of the older girls were going to come and get me to take me swimming. I am really not sure why because I lived right next to the gym. I was all excited because I was going to ride with one of the cool girls. I kept going to the door to see if the cool girl was at my house to pick me up. My mother told me to stop going to the door or I wouldn't be going to the pool.  I must have gone to the door because my mother sent me to my room and then she whipped me with the belt. Being the brat that I was, I made sure to wear my bathing suit the next day to showcase my belt marks.

I think that my mother even called me out on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment