Monday, February 29, 2016

Changing the paradigm

This morning i was driving to work and i saw a father walking his daughter to school. I thought that it was really sweet and i smiled.

At one point in time i would've judged that man based on his appearance instead of seeing the beauty.

I was once told there is no talent in pointing out the negative. I was looking through Facebook last night. There was a video with a remark of how funny it was. It was a woman who was dancing, she was enjoying herself. I stopped watching it because I saw nothing funny about the video. She wasn't dressed trendy, she didn't have the most amazing dance moves, and she wasn't a size zero. Which i am sure what the person thought was so funny.

The next video (which i didn't watch) was the picture of a plus size woman in a bathing suit, standing at the top of a water slide. I am hoping the lady didn't voluntarily allow someone to video her but i am not sure that having someone videotaping her to begin with isn't worse.

I am a size 12 to 14. I have put on a few pounds lately due to my new chocolate addiction. I don't feel the need to beat myself up (swimsuit season will probably change my mind). I can guarantee i won't look like cindy crawford at the pool this summer either. I would hope that no one would be so cruel to post a video of me so others could laugh.

Sadly, i understand. I would've reposted something like that thinking it was hilarious and trying to make myself feel better about my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment