Sunday, May 11, 2014

maxing out my worry card

I am trying to wrap my head around this half brother thing.  I know that we must be related because he is random like i am.  He sent me a text today wanting to know if i was okay for mothers day.  I went on some deep thought about why our parents bothered having children since they were broken individuals with no capacity of caring for someone other than themselves.  "Dummy cause for 30 seconds or so it felt really good" was his response.  Yep, we are related. 

I don't really watch the news.  I find it very depressing and it just makes my GAD (general anxiety disorder) worse.  It is spring, i live in tornado alley, there are tornadoes.  I have lived here since i was five and my adoptive father never saw the need to panic over them (and we lived in a trailer house, the worst place you can be), so i don't really panic.  Honestly, i usually sleep right through the storm.  I don't track the radar and i cant tell you the difference between a warning and a watch. 

Skippy once thought it would a good idea to buy weather radios for everyone in the family.  You can program those things for everything, even amber alerts (which i think that he did).  He thought it would be neat to put it in the bedroom, on the highest setting.  Are you kidding me?  I finally told him that the next time that thing woke me up out of a dead sleep for a frost warning, it was going to end up in the back yard. 

Anyway, my brother sent me a text the other day after a huge amount of tornadoes went through a nearby state and told me that he would keep his earthquakes and fires.  I told him that he was being a wuss, earthquakes and fires effect everyone.  Tornadoes are able to jump, so they may destroy your neighbors house, but yours could be just fine.  Like anyone else that hasn't dealt with storms their whole life he didn't see the mystic. 

I had an ex that my blase attitude just killed, he swore that when i am almost in a tornado that i would stop acting like it was no big deal.  All i know is that i have lost enough sleep over worrying about things that could or could not happen.  I think that i have maxed out my worry card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment