Sunday, September 8, 2013

chicken little

chicken little gave me a break yesterday and has decided to only work the next week.  she is very focused on her new job so I am expecting little trouble.  I either wasn't paying attention or it was another of her big stories, but I swear that she told me that she was going to start acting class???  There is an acting class in our one horse town???   Maybe she was testing me to see if I was listening??  Either way I wish her and her girlfriend well, mostly I am very excited that she isn't in my world being toxic. 

I am pretty sure that I have become the annoying old lady in class that always has something to say and gives the younger students dirty looks when they talk in class.  I really almost stopped my instructor the other night and told these two guys behind me that they could drop the class and talk somewhere else for free.  I have issues paying attention and don't need any distractions.  The most annoying part is that they are foreigners, they were talking in a language that I didn't understand, so I couldn't even eavesdrop. 

My econ instructor gave away donuts and candy bar the other night to make a point.  I am 20 lbs overweight and need neither.   He was making a graph of how many students would sell back their candy for what price.  I pointed out that I didn't want my candy but maybe I was holding out for a better price so that price wasn't a good measure of how much the candy bar meant to me.  He said something about that I was bringing psychology into economics.  I guess he doesn't know about my cereal box psychology degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment