Friday, September 20, 2013

homeless people and happiness

okay so now the city has passed an ordinance, the homeless people must wear an orange vest and get a permit to stand on the corner to beg for money......really?  If you can go through all of that then you can get a J O B like the rest of us.  I think that I still have some doggy vests left over from summer, they are orange and they could fit a human.  I think I will make up a homeless kit, vest, sharpie, and piece of cardboard for $19.99.....it could work. 

I did find out the rest of the story that human resources was told about me last week.  I supposedly went into the system and deleted certifications so that I didn't have to give people raises.  My boss told me that he wasn't aware of any way to delete training from the system and I told him I wasn't either.  The other issue was that I had a trainer that took a few days off and I keyed PTO for her and she immediately quit.  I haven't had a trainer since last year, she was fired for taking money under the table for training and I have no way to key PTO for her because she isn't from my store.  I am hoping this is the end of the drama.  One of my managers and I were talking about it today and I told him I really did wish them well.  He said that he had told them as much and they looked at him shocked.  I find that really sad that they live in a world that they don't believe that there are people out there that really do wish good things for others.  I am beyond the point of thinking that there is only so much happiness to go around and if someone else gets theirs then I wont get mine.  Lord knows I gave up enough of my happiness to try and help them.....my cereal box psychology degree didn't work out this time. 

I know that I have spent way too much time on this, but I like to know what makes people click.  I am not sure if the drama is a smoke and mirrors to divert attention away from what they are doing or not doing.  If it is an adrenaline rush like procrastination, or if it just makes them feel important.  I have said a lot of things about my childhood, depressing it was, drama it wasn't.  Butch was a Lt colonel in the US Army and drama was not allowed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment