Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Boundaries

One of my managers sent me a text today wanting to know if he needed to give hoods notice to me or to my boss.

I told him i needed a letter of resignation, signed, and left for me.

I didn't call him. I dislike being held hostage by my employees. I really feel as though i have been held hostage by his leaving since he went from salary to hourly.

He called me and told me i could fix this, he didn't want to leave, he loves his job, and he has no where to go. All i could think of is how much he complains for someone who loves his job.

Apparently, i don't care. When i say "it is what it is". I tell him that when i am tired of listening to him complain. I can't give him more hours. I just have to work more.

He told me that he was leaving his keys so i was working on finding people to cover then it was he would work out the rest of the week. He would talk to me tomorrow.

I am exhausted from feeling as though i am emotionally responsible for his feelings.

Boundaries, another life skill that would be helpful for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment