Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Workbook

I started a workbook on healing.

One of the questions was "have you ever felt safe?"

The short answer is no.

I did some brainstorming and decided that safe had four categories. Financial, physical, emotional, and job security.

Financial. Comfortable retirement, emergency savings, and a cash cushion in our budget.

Emotional. Acknowledged, accepted, loved, cared for, soft place to land, secrets not exposed or used against me, be able to trust others motives, and not feel vulnerable.

Job security. Feel as though i am not set up for failure, easily turned against, feel as though people had my back, trust other's motives, and not feel vulnerable.

Physical.
This was difficult because my fears are that my house will burn down and i would lose everything. Kidnapped. Raped. Killed. Die in a car crash.
I ended up with trust other's motives and not feel vulnerable.

Safe would feel warm, calm, peaceful, not scared of the future, have a sense that everything will be okay, and the future will hold good.

I just wrote down everything that came to mind.

I thought about this on the way home. I think i have always been aware of money issues.

My parents wanted to raise me to be independent. I think they ended up robbing me of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment