Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Mulligan

Yesterday we took a road trip and went to hot springs. I felt like it was my mulligan. The chance to go to a great place with a great man and have a great time and we did.

We went to the gangster museum, the amazing Italian restaurant, and visited the same hotel. We went to a brewery, people watched for awhile then headed to the hotel bar. I walked in and there was a guy with a guitar playing the bob dylan song that we used the music for amazing grace for mother's funeral. Joe was talking to one of the guys that worked at the bar, he is from sheboygan. I told joe that I had felt mother all day.

In the 70s the cards that were watercolor on handmade paper were popular. I am sure there are some in the "men in my life" packets that my mother left me. We stopped at a gas station to use the restroom and on our way out i saw a display of these watercolor, handmade paper calendars. The display was turned to a calendar "for a daughter from a mother with love". I asked joe to get it for me, he thought it was for syd. No. I told him it was for me. I felt as though it was my mother's way of telling me she loved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment