Sunday, June 3, 2012

broken mouse

I used to think that you don't really know someone until you live with them or work with them.  I have now added or run for a political office. 

I think that when you get married it only intensifies your relationship, if you have a bad one, it will only get worse and you will feel trapped (like my first marriage) or if you have a good one, you will become a stronger unit.  Unfortunately, it is sometimes difficult to discern between the two. 

I try to give my employees thoughtful, useful advice without becoming entangled into their drama.  When someone asks me how many children i have, i say about 15. 

I once gave the marriage advice to one of my employees that was about to join the military (so very proud of her), so she got married, realized what an immature jerk her husband was and promptly got out of that marriage.

I have an employee who is chicken little, the sky is always falling.  In the middle of my day, i have a power surge, my mouse no longer working.  She comes in from lunch, freaked out about her house and the fact that she received a letter stating that her taxes weren't paid.  In the middle of trying to fix my mouse, i am trying to talk her out of her frenzy of the world hates her and only bad things happen to her.  I kind of see her point, but unfortunately when you steal an entire ATM in a stolen car, the law tends to frown upon that.  I ask the obvious question which is "do you have a receipt", her ex girlfriend and current girlfriend are looking for it.  That is a blog for another day.  I then explain that it is Saturday and the treasury is closed, the issue is probably that the last treasurer unexpectedly died in the middle of his term.  I am sure that caused the office some issues.  Wait until Monday and go see the new treasurer.  Crisis averted until Monday, but i still never fixed my mouse.  Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment