Sunday, June 24, 2012

mary anne

Well it wasn't two weeks
after she got married that
Wanda started gettin' abused
She put on dark glasses and long sleeved blouses
And make-up to cover a bruise
Well she finally got the nerve to file for divorce
She let the law take it from there
But Earl walked right through that restraining order
And put her in intensive care

Right away Mary Anne flew in from Atalnta
On a red eye midnight flight
She held Wanda's hand as they
worked out a plan

This song always made me think of living in stillwater with a druggy, abusive husband, no friends or family, and home felt a million miles away. 

I can remember my mother was in California with her dying mother and my father was the only one i told.  I needed someone's permission to quit and he gave it to me.  My parents came on friday night, my bff and one of our friends came on saturday with a truck to help me move.  She was my Mary Anne lots of times during that marriage and i am happy to say that it all seems like a dream now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment