Friday, June 29, 2012

out of the box

i lost an election, i dont have cancer

i know people mean well, but it amazes me to see people struggle with what to say to me.....the day after especially

i received a little over 2k votes, that was 1/3 of the total votes overall

i sincerly believe that everything happens for a reason and i was not meant to have that job, at least not at this time.  Do i think i will put myself out there again, not sure, but keeping those signs. 

i still have a job, that i love (for the most part), i dont have to live in a glass anymore and i especially will not miss the mean girls or the transport that i mistakingly took back to high school.

i no longer have to talk about missing signs (who were being taken by my opponents husband, really, how old are we), go to another pie supper (now to work on those 7 lbs that i put back on and lose another 7), no more speeches, no more walking door to door to intrude on people in their homes, and no longer do i have to get out of my box

it is impressive to see signs with your name on them, to have people know who you are, and to see your name on a ballot.....most people will never know that kind of notaraity.  I did, it was special, scary, and taught me that failure isnt always a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment