Sunday, June 3, 2012

bubble bursting

"it will be such a sweet wedding, they have a cute story" to which i replied something about divorce

I went to a surprise birthday party the other night and one of our friends, who i am pretty sure married either the first or second guy that she ever had sex with, said the statement about a couple who were to be married the next day. 

I don't know if my filter is just broken (the filter that should keep every thought that comes into your head from immediately going out of your mouth), but i really think it was the fact that i could not help myself from bursting the idyllic bubble that was forming above her head filled with the fantasy future that she thought they would have to have because they had such a great story. 

My bff pointed out that my cynicism is probably from my own situation, what a great story i started out with as well. 

You want to make God laugh, make plans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment