Tuesday, February 12, 2013

doing for others

Sunday i woke up about 3ish, laid in the bedroom watching DIY shows.  I heard Matt in the living room snoring.  I walked into the kitchen to get some water and a snack, he was laying on the couch with his water bottle still in his hand.  Weird, but i do weird things in my sleep too.  Finally, about 5, the dogs started getting rowdy and barking,  Buckley even got the remote off the table and dropped it on the floor.  Matt NEVER got up.  Finally at 6, i went in to see what he wanted for dinner.  I touched his arm and he was drenched.  I woke him up and told him that he was having an insulin reaction.  He came to and agreed, wanting a candy bar.  I had to put the dogs outside because they were all over the place.  Matt ate two full size candy bars and then came into the bedroom to change his clothes.  I helped him with his underwear and tshirt (which were drenched and had been for awhile).  He was so cold, i wrapped him in blankets as he ate some candy to raise his sugar.  He climbed into bed, thinking he was still too dizzy to stand in the shower, to try and warm up.  Unable to warm up anymore, he wanted to take a shower.  I turned on the shower and stood there while he rested under the hot water.  I helped him bathe and watched him to make sure he didn't fall, while trying to stay out of his way.  Matt always turns the water temperature down so that my skin doesn't dry out, he always stands out of the way while i shower, standing in the corner, freezing.  I now know what caring about someone else's welfare and expecting nothing in return is really like.  Matt and I won't probably talk about Sunday ever, but it does make me feel good when i can do something for him and he actually lets me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment