Saturday, February 16, 2013

in the real world

i don't watch infomercials, because i always get sucked in......i need to stop watching Oprah

the 5 languages of love by Gary Chapman

i have only read a few chapters, but i could not help but smile through the entire chapter "falling in love".  It is the most insightful view of relationships that i have ever read.  "At the peak, the in-love experience is euphoric.  We are emotionally obsessed with each other.  When we hold hands, it seems as if our blood flows together....embracing, sparks dreams of marriage and ecstasy."

BAM!!!!  40 years of wandering this earth and over a year of this blog and i now know that i am in love with falling in love. 

"reality intrudes....it is a world where shoes do not walk to the closet and drawers do not close themselves, where coats do not like hangers, and socks go AWOL.....in this world, a look can hurt and a word can crush....intimate lovers become enemies and marriage, a battlefield"

this euphoric love isn't meant to last forever

"by nature we are egocentric.  Our world revolves around us.  None of us is totally altruistic.  The euphoria of the in-love experience only gives us that illusion.  Once the experience of falling in love has ran its natural course, we will return to the world of reality and begin to assert ourselves.  He will assert his desires, but his desires will be different from hers."  and Houston we have a problem

we have two choices "jump ship and try again.....or pursue "real love" with our spouse. "

My issue isn't the failure of my heart to go pitter patter, it is the words of affirmation that i need, that i get in the beginning of the relationship.  The feeling that i am the most beautiful woman in the world, i am worth my weight in gold, and this person will always be by my side.  I have abandonment issues, if you haven't guessed. 

Five years later, my husband still opens the door for me and if he is quick enough, he will pull out my chair.  People are amazed by this, but this one thing that made me fall in love with him.  Even at my heaviest, he still tells me that i am beautiful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment