Friday, February 1, 2013

forgiveness

not to hold on
not to hold on to grudges
not to hold on to what someone did to you
not to hold on to what you should've, could've, would've been
not to hold on to what your mama could have done

to live in the present moment
letting go of what HAS happened to you
and being able to live right now with what IS happening to you
make a decision for right now
and move forward is how you access the power that is within all of us

Oprah

I listened to a lifeclass last night on my way home from BA and this was what Oprah had said after she interviewed Terry McMillian and the palpable anger that she had towards her ex husband who later came out of the closet.  Terry spoke of how she felt betrayed and how she really wanted to hate her husband until the day he died.  She was locked into the anger and finally had to let go to get happy. 

Unforgiveness is like drinking poison expecting the other person to die.

I had watched my adoptive father spend a decade being so mad at my mother for leaving.  She went on and married a wonderful man and had a great marriage.  I learned that the anger will literally eat you alive.  His anger towards her didn't keep her from being happy (as happy as my mother can be), but it did keep him from his own happiness. 

I started to think if there were people in my life that i had not forgiven. 

"The only thing left to do is forgive and forget. I want to forgive you and I want to forget you.."...Lauren Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment