Saturday, November 16, 2013

feeling better

I now know why I have NEVER had a puppy.  I just don't have it to give for the puppy phase, I own lazy animals.  Why, because I am lazy.  We offered to dog sit my in laws puppy.  I have never felt like such a bad person, that dog caused so much chaos in this house that I had to drug Paisely and  Chloe hid under the bed.  The only one that was sad to see her go was Bubba, he had someone to finally play with, they played for hours outside.  When Tiny wasn't outside she was in her crate.  I love animals but that poor puppy was more than any of us could handle.

I have had a long exhausting week.  I went to bed last night at 7pm and didn't get up until almost 7 this morning, good thing because we were busy today.  I had to run to the bank twice to get change and I still don't know if they will have enough to make it through the weekend. 

My assistant talked to me today about his sister.  The baby had become so active that it had twisted his umbilical cord too many times that there was no way for any nutrients to get to him.  The doctor went ahead and cut her tubes while he did the c section.  The doctor told her that if she had gone full term that she probably would have died, so my assistant was able to see the good in the midst of the bad.  It just reminds me that God always knows what is best.  I just need to learn how to listen better and be able to discern God's wants for my life with what I want for my life. 

I went on the second bank run and there was a new homeless guy standing on the corner.  I watched as he limped his way to collect something from someone.  When I left for the day, I gave him $5 which is totally against how I feel about these people.  Something told me to give him the money, so I did.  Maybe I got taken, maybe I didn't but I felt good about the gesture. 

There was a little boy with a terminal disease, he wanted to be batman.  So an organization made his wish come true.  Hundreds, thousands of people came to watch him save a lady before she was hit and killed by a trolley.  My husband almost cried while telling me about it, he was amazed that all of those people came out to support this child and his dream. I responded with maybe they needed it as much as the little boy did. 

We all need something in our lives that makes us feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment