Thursday, November 7, 2013

somber outlook

another busy week. 

I had therapy on Monday. I felt very empowered after my issues on Sunday.  It is probably the first time that I had ever did what was right for me instead of just taking what someone else was willing to give me. 

Tuesday I had to fly to Dallas for meetings.  I was stuck with drunk people during dinner.  I honestly felt as though I was babysitting and it was without parental supervision.  I ended up going to bed about 10 and had to be up and downstairs by 630 am.  I finally got home last night about 10.  Needless to say today I am exhausted.

On the way to the airport it was really different.  The president was in town and had flew into Dallas love, the same airport we were flying out of, you couldn't go 20 feet without seeing a police car.  He must have just landed because when we arrived at Dallas love airfield we were able to see air force one.  The man that checked in my baggage said he watched air force one land on the runway, he said it was the smoothest landing he had ever seen.  I wasn't sure when we arrived if the president was coming or going so when I looked at the flight board I really expected to see that all of the flights were delayed.  We didn't fly out until 755, Patty and I sat in the back of the plane and we drove right past air force one. 

I got home and easily found my car and they were interviewing a man that had written a new book about JFK and his cabinet.  It finally dawned on me that I had just flew out of the airport that JFK flew in and was flown out of that horrible day 50 years ago.  It made the day seem not so exciting but more somber. 

No comments:

Post a Comment