Wednesday, December 11, 2013

my new vernacular

I think that I am going to add two new sayings to my vernacular.  First would be "I know a really good therapist, I will give you her number and you can tell her your issues" and "add that person to the list of people that I am not talking to".

I watched a lady last night and she was talking about God and patience, she had kept a list for 8 weeks of things that had aggravated her.   I thought that sounded like a good plan, but my list was probably as long (for one single day) as hers and not quite as severe.  Her list contained things like her aunt going blind and having to put her in the nursing home.  Not having water for 24 or 48 hours.  Being stuck in a foreign country and their was either a monsoon or a volcano.  Mine were road rage related, screaming kids making me want to pull my hair out, employees who want to stand around and gossip, a lady that wanted to argue with me on the phone about whether or not I had a phone number she was looking for.  A rabbit that was supposedly left on someone's door step and the mess she had made.  16 pallets of freight on the floor.  I came to the conclusion that there wasn't enough paper in the world to list the things that aggravate me.  I couldn't possibly keep up with that much information for 8 weeks. 

last night as I was talking to the one person that I needed more than anything and he was pointing out that I always had a story to tell.  These things don't happen to normal people.  I have  known people that thrived on drama and if there wasn't any, they would create it in a heartbeat.  Am I turning into this person?  I don't want to be this person.  I don't want to have drama in my life.  I just want to find peace and have serenity in my soul. 

"you cannot find peace by avoiding life"

No comments:

Post a Comment