Friday, December 20, 2013

tall tales and prayers

I had to go to the post office yesterday and there was an elderly lady in front of me.  One of the guys behind the counter was complaining that he had to work until 7 and the rest were off at 5.  The lady made a remark about less talking and more working.  I remarked with we all had our issues, she apologized.  I told her I was saying that we all had our own issues and don't really want to hear about others.  She chuckled.  Mr. Winn came in and she greeted him.  I remarked that he was the best dressed man in town.  She commented that he was the undertaker.  I told her that I knew that, but he was still the best dressed man in town. She then told me that her husband had always dressed up like that, clothes pressed, wore a hat, and had his shoes shined.  She then told me that he had just passed away.  I told her how sorry I was for her loss, she said it was okay (apparently he had been sick for some time).  She said that she was just tired.  I shook my head and said yes, it is emotionally and physically draining.  She agreed and stated that she wouldn't have been there except that she had to mail the thank you notes. I walked past her and Mr. Winn as I left, told her God Bless and wished her a Merry Christmas. 

I wish I was better at praying.  My hairstylist was telling me that her boss's house was broke into and a large sum of money had been stolen, jewelry, and a laptop.  She had taken her boss to the back and prayed with her.  Instead of some lip service about God's plan (which is what I would have said), she spoke of God making things right for her and thanking him for making the situation right for such a hard working woman.  Soon after she sold her building and made a very nice profit.  She was able to buy a bigger building and add more services. 

I will never understand why people feel the need to tell tall tales.  The narcissist used to tell stories that weren't true.  I was such a dork I actually believed them for awhile.  I have this guy who works for me that is always telling these stories.  He is living with a girl that is supposedly crazy.  I think that they just drink too much and get into knock down fights.  Today he tells me that he got rid of her.  He had taken a nap, woke up, found her in the barn fornicating with two guys.  He beat both of the guys up, sent them to the hospital and told her to pack her stuff and get out.  She got out but didn't take her stuff and he doesn't know what to do.  I just told him he was full of crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment