Saturday, December 14, 2013

welcome to law enforcement

okay, so I get an email the other day to drop a class because I hadn't taken all of the required classes first.  My first question is if all of the requirements had not been met then why did it let me enroll and second question is how in the heck am I going to find a class that I need to take that isn't full?  Seriously, it is business policy, what prereq should you need for that, except knowing how to read.

One of my people is married to the head of security at a local college, she says he is the chief of police.  She called me hysterical today because there had been a threat against him and his family.  I am not sure if it is experience, age, or medication that makes me unfazed by this stuff.  I told her that one time there was a call to the police dept for my mother and the lady said, I have your daughter and I am going to kill her.  It ended up being a big misunderstanding, but we were all freaked out for a day or so.  Then I had Butch who would tell me that the people he had "put away" might come and find him and use me to get to him.  This is probably why I suffer from general anxiety disorder. 

I couldn't help but feel bad for Kim.  She was so upset.  Welcome to the wide world of being in a law enforcement family.  I finally just told her that if she stopped living her life then they win. 

Horrible things happen everyday, yesterday another kid walked into a school shot a few people and took his own life.  He was actually there to kill the librarian.  I never particularly liked any librarians that I had in school, but the feeling wasn't deep enough to make me want to kill them.  I wished the kid had not have taken his life so that maybe we could figure out what makes these children go to such extremes. 

My husband thinks that men are more likely to commit suicide because they see an instant solution to their problem where as women think past the moment.  I have had some really low moments, but I always think about what it would do to my family.  I cant leave my niece alone in this world or my bff. 

I always figure when it is my time, I will go and meet my maker.  I still wear my seatbelt, quit smoking, and always trust your feelings of when you think something is wrong it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment