Thursday, December 12, 2013

work appropriate discussions

okay, so I love amazon....I just did my Christmas shopping for my husband, sister in law and brother in law in less than an hour. 

My department manager who didn't get the promotion because she does things that aren't appropriate comes into the office with an hourly and proceed to show me a video of a lady with huge knockers and I stopped watching.  First of all, I am not paying you to watch whatever talent she has with these huge knockers and you shouldn't be either.  I pointed out that wasn't appropriate behavior for a manager and she said that it didn't matter because she was never going to get promoted.  I replied you might, but not with that behavior.  I have another hourly who has gone around the entire store telling everyone that his women wants to invite another women into their bed.  REALLY?? I had a girl walk up to a guy and ask if he was bi in front of customers.  This same guy spent time asking if I was sleeping with my assistant. Why do people thing this is appropriate workplace conversation.  So tomorrow I get to spend my day on the phone with HR.  Why cant people just show up to work and work.  Why do I have to keep explaining that people could perceive that as sexual harassment?  I wonder at times if I am making a bad impression or if I make them think that this is okay. I don't really want HR in my store, but I would like for this kind of behavior to stop.

I know.  I didn't always talk about things that were work appropriate when I was a young manager and my boss would not have gone for that kind of discussion.  I am just so hyper sensitive to this kind of behavior because I know how easy it can get out of control and then you are firing your entire management staff and working open to close and everyone believes that you are a horrible manager who lets people have orgies in the backroom. 

This is my motivation for going to school and getting out of management....they are going to be the death of me!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment