Thursday, July 5, 2012

the dragon

in this world of constant communication, it is amazing how difficult it is to truly express ourselves

we can tweet, text, email, post on facebook and reach people in seconds

someone asked me the other day where i wanted to be in a year and to not say i don't know....i didn't have to say that i didn't know, because i already knew

it is incredible how either getting older or having the right mix of medications has made me more able to cut through the bull crap of life and be able to focus on the things that are important

my last job was very stressful, until the day that i let go.. i am not a quitter so this was extremely difficult, but finally i was able to put it all into perspective.  I sell office supplies, i am not curing cancer....no one's life was at stake.  People with broken computers may beg to differ, but in the scheme of things, the world is not going to stop spinning because they lost their vacation photos. 

i have spent years trying to prove to myself that i am good enough, the queen of over scheduling so that i don't have to think about the things that wake me up in the early hours of the morning with my heart racing....i have spent almost a week with nothing planned, nothing scheduled, and i am hoping i can slay the dragon of what makes me participate in toxic behaviors

No comments:

Post a Comment