Monday, July 2, 2012

public office

this means not only your office is public, but your life and i am not sure that i was quite ready for that

i spent this political season watching a good woman be vilified, why..................because she had an employee steal from her.  Guess what, 80% of all theft is internal, everyone has had employees steal.  This is someone she considered a friend and she reported it as soon as it came to her attention.  This person was charged and sentenced to the full extent of the law. 

this is the reason that i am glad that i did not win the election.  I have had employees steal, lots of them, but i have never had it end up on the front page of the local paper.  I have made mistakes and once again that didnt make me the local gossip (i wouldnt go that far).

there was an entire office of people who didnt want me there and would have been waiting for me to make a mistake (many would have been made).  Hopefully, none that would have been newsworthy, but i am glad that i dont have to take that chance now. 

there is a big part of my life that is private and i expect it to stay that way

No comments:

Post a Comment