Sunday, July 22, 2012

good moms.....

i have always been scared to have children, mostly because i have always been so self sufficient, independent, and i usually pick the worst guys to date. 

i worried that i would pass along my broken relationship that i had with my mother.  I totally don't get that, she was close to her mother, they spoke every week.  It wasn't as though she didn't know how to have a close relationship, she just didn't know how to have one with me. 



my mother has always had floors that you could perform surgery on at any given time, the kitchen to go along with it, neatly folded laundry, a self cleaning oven.............i on the other hand always felt like an inconvenience that needed to stay out of the way.  I wished i would have had the words to tell her to put up the vacuum and spend time with me. 

1 comment:

  1. I wish you could have had the relationship you wanted TJ. You both missed out on so much! You remind me how lucky I was to have my mother! I was lucky enough to learn from the best! LOVE YOU......

    ReplyDelete